Monday, March 26, 2007

Me in 15 Years (cont.)

What will the work week look like?

I guess this thought has to begin with "who's on the bus?" and how much confidence I can place in them. But since we're dreaming, let's dream big...

We'll have a VP of Service, a VP of Operations, and a VP of Sales who will be running the show. I'll meet with this crew on Thursday afternoons from 1:00 until we're done. I'll expect them to drive the growth of our business, and to have been doing so for at least 5 years (this gives me 10 years to get this in place, which means I need to have those people on our team in the next 5 years).

I expect we'll be a much larger business, probably 3 times our current size.

I expect we'll have a strategic planning retreat in October to set the agenda for the upcoming year. I expect they will bring 1-2 key people from their ranks to help develop the plan.

As for my work week...

My major focus will be: maintain our relationships with our manufacturer, ensure alignment with their vision, mentor/develop our leadership team, be the director of PR with our customers...how this all flushes out and develops will have to wait...but I think I'm getting the vision...

None of this is posible without the right people driving this thing...so, let's start developing and enabling them now...and hire where none are present.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

You lost me with phrases like VP of Blah Blah Blah and "strategic planning retreat," "ensuring alignment" and "mentor/develop leadership team."

5:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home