Sunday, March 25, 2007

USA Soccer

I've been becoming a fan...but I arrived today. Went to see USA beat Equador 3-1 in Tampa today...

Soccer is like Hockey...you can't appreciate the skill and speed with which they play until you see it live...

Also, you can't experience the passion of a global fan base, until you go. 31,000 present in Tampa to see a scrimage (they call them friendly), at least 10,000 were Equadorian...in full regalia, chanting, singing, rooting for their team until the whistle blew.

I'm a fan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

On my trips to Europe, we've been privvy to that worldwide passion. Eventually, with all the rugrats playing soccer, we might get serious on a world scale, but when the national teams play for serious Cups in Europe, entire countries shut down to watch the games. I've always been watching world cup soccer--even in college, (remember when me & Ron DuRoss were all into it one summer in our sublet apartment?)--but I'm a big fan of soccer now. I've got soccer scarves from all over the world in my office.

7:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home