Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Politics talk takes a different turn...

My ops manager is a die hard democrat...me, I've never voted for one...I'm kind of anti-entitlement. She pegs me as "religious right", which isn't good at all from a Kingdom perspective, but the 6 year old tradition of bantering about this time of year took a unique twist this year...

You see, here in Florida, the Republican candidate for Governor is rumored to be Gay. It is very alleged, but a couple of liberal papers have reported the "rumor" and I passed one of his large signs the other day that someone had spray painted an anti-Gay word accross. The Democratic Candidate is standard fare...liberal guy being repackaged as moderate...but very traditional family.

So my ops manager asks, who are you going to vote for? I said, the "Republican of course". The insueing conversation included family values, issues, etc. But at the end of the day, I got to share the Gospel again...share that his alleged Gayness is no different than my Pride, both sins that need redemption...and that people change from the inside out, not the outside in.

Progress...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home