Monday, March 17, 2008

Competition and the Kingdom?

We all have varying degrees of competitiveness. It manifests itself on the athletic field formost, but can raise its head while playing board games, and should play out at work (assuming you are in business).

In this case the business side of competition is weighing on me a bit. You see, we have financial metrics we need to meet...these include targets for growth, profitability, debt reduction, investment, etc. We're measured against those in our industry and placed on a "here's how you're doing chart". It's a very useful tool this chart, for those of us who are competitive, to get you moving. And if you're not competitive, well I guess they'll find someone else who is.

Anyway, all of this led to us making a tough decision to discontinue a service offering that wasn't profitable...which in turn led us to eliminating a job. At the end of the day, our need to compete, costs this guy his job...and for the life of me, I can't seem to rationalize this in scripture anywhere.

Go figure.

And it's weighing on me right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home