Monday, January 28, 2008

More proof about Zeppelin

A normal Saturday morning involves me getting up with the 4 young ones...

Side Note: Before I sound all self righteous...I'm an early riser, so this is easy for me and I enjoy most facets of this weekly event.

Now, one of the major events of this Saturday morning ritual is I fix a big breakfast. It usually includes some type of pork product, scrambled eggs, waffles or pancakes. And before we start the cooking process, we pull up iTunes on the family computer in the kitchen, negotiate who's file we'll play, and commence the breakfast preparation process...to music.

Last Saturday, we selected my oldest's file. She's a teen, and we all like her music tastes, so not a lot of risk here. To my surprise, about mid way through the prep process, a very interesting series of notes entered my ear canal. It was a common guitar rift from a classic Led Zeppelin tune "Babe I'm gonna lose you."

I don't own the CD, and I didn't download this and share it...and it's on my 15 year old daughters iTunes file...well, frankly that's just cool. I mean mixed in with Reliant K, and Fergie, and whatever...is Zepp. Wow!

Further proof that Led Zeppelin crosses generations like no other Rock Band, and further solidifies them as the greatest ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hollywood said...

Update: It wasn't her song (deep sigh of disappointment). It was copied over from a CD from a friend with some other songs.

In fact, when I asked her where she got the Zeppelin song...she said WHO? Then went and listened to only the first 2.5 minutes and moved on without fanfare.

Oh well...her friend liked it.

6:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home