Sunday, May 20, 2007

Unhealthy obsession?

It started in middle school...with Billy Joel, The Stranger...in high school, it was Led Zepellin and AC DC, but they weren't that unique.

In college, it was Earth, Wind, and Fire and Run DMC...a little unique.

After college, every couple of years a new artist, Cake, Ben Folds Five, Jane's Addiction...

Lately, 2004 it was Superchick...2005, Switchfoot...2006, Third Day.

When I like a group, or a song or two, I wear it out...listen to it over and over till I know it, can sing along, but also until I can sing it independently. My wife makes fun of me...says I'm like a teenage girl.

It's happening now...started Tues. night during American Idol...Blake sang This Love...never heard it before, but liked it...alot. The next night, Maroon Five sang Makes Me Wonder...never heard of them, or the song...but I'm hooked now...listen at home, look for the songs on the radio, sing along in my head...it's just how I'm wired.

But suffices to say, I may be the oldest Maroon Five groupy on earth...now that's unhealthy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

As long as you don't get into Shiny Toy Guns, I think we'll be okay...

...and if you don't know who they are, that's a good sign.

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Hollywood said...

never heard of 'em...

3:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like Maroon 5, you would probably like Blue October and Modest Mouse.

Red Jumpsuit Aparatus is good, too.

http://www.redjumpsuit.com/

Watch Face Down video at site.

(btw- from Brent's church- just visiting your blog):)

8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home