Sunday, May 06, 2007

Look vs. Think

Let me start by saying I love my church, my Pastor, and what's going on inside me right now. (And there is no "But," coming)

This morning had a "wow" moment. Let me attempt to explain what happened.

You see, for the first 10 or so years of my spiritual walk, my attitude was virtually the same as the world (selfish, and leaning toward sin nature), but I "looked" different than others...well, I didn't drink and my friends did, I stayed clear of certain TV shows (but deep inside wanted to watch them)...you get the point...I dressed the part. I'm told now that this is one form of legalism.

The last 3-5 years of my spiritual walk, I've been much less consumed with how I look, and much more consumed with "what I think" or my attitude...and the behaviors have followed...those that matter, and some that don't...and the cool thing is, that it's a lot more behavioral changes, and some I'd never get to on my own (like going on a mission trip)...and all for the right reasons...

and, well, anyway...this morning, my Pastor did a magnificent job explaining what's been going on in me and why. It was pretty sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Inward change manifests in outward realities. Francis Schaeffer said that. The only lasting change is inside-out...and too often Christians start with behavior management hoping to get heart results. It never works.

7:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home