Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Holy Spirit Moment

See previous entry for background...

Paul says pursue Holiness, run the race to win, pursue Christ in all things...these things I take seriously and in context. I'm definitely not legalistic about it...these are heart issues...and if nothing else, I govern from the heart, especially when it comes to me.

So when Kid 1 and Kid 2 (both teens) inform me that one of my new favorite songs sports the "F" word in the chorus...I quickly retort "no way"...throw up all my anti-legalism, you can't rob me of my joy, chaff, and walk away...no fight.

Then a few days later, early in the morning, I'm in itunes, alone.

Crank up song and listen carefully (although in this case care is not necessary...it's the chorus right). I hear it, then again, and again. I google the lyrics, and there it is "f**k"...in print.

As for me and my family...this isn't grey at all. There's no holiness pursuit at all about this song, my heart is screaming to my mind, "what good comes of this?"

Not a whole lot.

D-E-L-E-T-E.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Go to iTunes and buy the "clean" version! Everybody wins!

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Hollywood said...

There isn't one. :(

11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home