Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Tie

My mother (who is lost) bought me an "Amazing Grace" Evangelism Neck Tie for Christmas. It's Navy Blue with all the words to Amazing Grace writen in different sizes and fonts throughout the tie...it's not too ugly...definitely wearable.

Two thoughts...

First, how does my lost mom view me to even consider getting me this gift? Why would she go into a Christian bookstore, buy this for me, read it, wrap it, wait expectantly as I open it...but really, really look through jaded lenses of contempt at my actual faith? She sees my faith as "what we do." It's our "entertainment". Some folks are bowlers, some fish, some hunt...we go to Church. No matter how real we are or how much we live it to the core...that's the reality of how she sees us. Something is not right here on our end...I wish God would reveal this to me.

Second, I wear ties to work only (not to Church)...so...
...how will my associates at work, lost or otherwise, take to this brazen in-your-face display of my faith. I don't do fish, or stickers, or frankly any other displays of I'm saved and you're not, and really make it a point to (again) live my faith through love and consistency in my behavior, taking opportunities to share the Gospel when opportunities present themselves...but this tie is a bit over the top.

Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger some chick said...

sorry. picturing the tie. trying not to giggle.

interesting commentary on people who do not believe and how they view those who do believe - that's it's an entertainment. are we really sure that it's not? many thoughts...

5:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home