Saturday, October 06, 2007

Gettysburg

Had a chance to spend the week in Gettysburg at a Leadership Conference. Here are some thoughts:
- Between the ages of 30 - 40, when you can really understand the magnitude of what took place, but you're still young enough for it to have an impact, every American ought to take a tour of that battlefield...it may be the best kept secret in America...it's only an hour and a half from DC...make sure you pay a tour guide though, or you'll miss too much.
- My faith in Jesus is stronger having seen it all..there are too many coincidences, mistakes, miscues, miracles that all worked together for the Union Army for God not to have had a hand in it...Chamberlain getting the 20th Maine to join forces, then holding off little round top...the Alabama snipper that had Chamberlain in his sights...twice...but didn't shoot (for some reason)...Heath not taking the high ground on day one...Picket's charge...
- The folks a the Steven Wiley group did a fantastic job teaching wonderful principles through a history lesson.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

I'm continually amazed at all the stuff I was being taught in school that, at the time, seemed like stuff I should be learning for a test. Then, when I have moments like yours at Gettysburg, I wonder why wasn't I more interested?

6:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home