Sunday, August 06, 2006

Movies

We don't go to the movies alot...maybe 6-10 times a year, and most of those are animated. My wife and I may take in 2 movies a year for us.

The teenagers are asking about Ricky Bobby, and we really like Will Farrell (especially in Kicking and Screaming & Elf). But...it was sold out when we arrived and we didn't want to wait for the late show...SO

We rented Anchorman (who came highly recommended from a good friend in Texas), went to my mom's house and made some popcorn.

Side note: Surprising your widowed mother on your date night and showing up with a movie, popcorn, and candy is highly recommended. She was thrilled. We have never done it, but may do it more often. She offered to go in the other room so we could make out...everyone laughed.

Back to the subject: Anchorman was horrible. We stopped watching early on, took it back to the video store so as not to have it around the house. This was one of the raunchiest movies I had ever seen and I was embarrassed to be sitting with my mother and wife. I'm no prude, but I wouldn't have enjoyed that with the guys at work.

So here's my takeaway...If a movie is PG-13 and doesn't have violence (ala Bourne or Bond or Star Wars), then it is loaded with Sex and is WAY over the line.

And based upon Anchorman, I can assure you I won't see Ricky Bobby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home