Sunday, July 09, 2006

How would I handle difficult issues?...(you know, if I were President)

Knowing that you can't legislate the heart of man, which would be my overall decision making criteria, I would lead through encouragement and public debate, hoping that others would learn to love the overwhelming wisdom of God's Word that we have come to know and love.

For example, abortion...Abortion is murder. But even if you don't see life starting at conception (not murder), at a minimum, abortion is skirting you're responsibility and accountability for a poor choice. We have public drunkeness laws, and DUI laws that hold people accountable for thier indescretions, why don't we have the same scrutiny for equal indescretion. I would appeal to persnal accountability.

As for teaching kids about homosexual lifestyles...I would appeal to logic here too. When comparing children raised in various homes, statistics play out overwhelmingly that our highest producing, most well adjusted children come from traditional families where Mom & Dad are their biological mom and dad and stay maried through their adulthood. This isn't prejudice or bias, this is encouraging. This is teaching the stereotype that is most likely to produce the best results. For example, we don't show lousy athletes in sports instructional videos...we show the best athletes...why wouldn't we use the most promising example for our children?

In the end, I would teach, promote, discuss, truth in a positive, enlightened, freeing way. I'm sure there would be some who are offended, and put off by my "narrow mindedness", but in the end, I think MOST people are still drawn to truth.

1 Comments:

Blogger DodgerJon said...

the name of your blog is confusing folks as it is very similar to another popular site (Hollywood thoughts). It would be great if you would consider using a different name. Much thanks.

2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home