Friday, June 30, 2006

Enabling (Leadership) Part II

I was having a discussion with an un-churched employee/friend at work and the OPS MGR brings in a work comp form for me to fill out on a lady who quit a few weeks ago. My friend says..."I don't get it...she quit, and she can apply for unemployent. Will she get it? How does it work? Etc."

So I spend 15 minutes explaining work comp and it rolls into the entitlement discussion (previous blog entry)...and how I give her a free pass...first generation American, single mom, lots of problems...read the blog, you'll understand.

So my friend tells me a story about a recent experience. He and his family deliver meals to shut-ins on Thursdays (remember...they are all un-churched...note to Christians out there...salt and light). Most of the people (if not all besides my friend) are volunteering from or through a local church. The couple they are working with, splitting up the route, are older than us. The man is getting the addresses and meals, the wife waiting in the car. The man comes back with the goods and the wife lays into him about the area where they are delivering (a rural area called Mulberry...just happens to be where our office is). She's adamant she's NOT GOING TO MULBERRY!!!! My buddy, the un-churched guy, and his family are taking all of this in. I'm sure he gets all sorts of impressions of Christians, and is forming and modifying his impressions daily. I'm not so sure this one helped improve his opinion of us.

I'm glad God is big enough to call my buddy to Christ, even when we do our best to screw it up. I just wish we Christians would do a better job of submitting to God's authority, and LEAD here on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home