Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Should Christians Drink Alcohol

My college roommate Brent, is a youth pastor of many years and has been teaching me about Grace and Legalism. I've come a long way. I admit now that there was a time in my walk where I was VERY legalistic...I probably still am to a degree. Brent has purposed to banish legalism from his ministry and his surroundings...I'd like to get there.Some areas, grey areas we'll call them, are ripe for this discussion. Smoking Ciggarettes and drinking Alcohol are the grandmother and grandfather of grey area issues...today's music (hip hop, rock & roll, country must be the kids).My pastor does a great job of discussing the issue here http://www.xanga.com/boulet2u. I also must praise him for 1. Never calling drinking sin. 2. Never telling you what you should do. and, 3. Using scripture as the guide, not how he feels or thinks.

Thanks Bill.

Bring it readers...let's here what both of you have to say. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Humm interesting
As a mutating missionary -
There are only a few basics.
I find that focusing on Dogma alone best.
Dogma? Doctrine? Opinion?
What are really truths that we cannot deviate from? (Dogma)
What are personal convictions that we have determined from study of the word? (Doctrine)
What are simply opinions brought on by our family involvement, church affiliation, state we are reared (i.e. TEXAS :-), and even our country's particular stands? (Opinion)

10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home