Saturday, July 08, 2006

Bolter in 2012?

I don't want to be President. I do think I have a vision that could help someone win. The theme would be "Recreating a Culture of Achievement", and I would stay on message and and paint a vision of possitive results. I would discuss regaining global prominance in education and technology inovation. Again having the best and the brightest the world has to offer. I would promise that we would pool our collective resources to have a legitimate alternative energy source that would make us a totally independent nation again. I would encourage and support programs that develop athletes to win on the global stage, placing America above self. That would lead into a discussion on the pitfalls of unchecked selfishness...the real, deep seated reason behind the woes of our day (abortion, corporate malfeasance, prison overcrowding, and more). I would promote a defense policy of "walk softly and carry a big stick". This would be enforced by encouraging but not bullying. If someone asks for help, and it's legitimate, we'd help, but the asking would be very public and their would be no doubt they want us there. In other cases of abuse, I would encourage countries to do the right thing, and encourage freedom throughout. But in all cases, the people need to want something so much to be able to sacrifice.

I'm not completely refined in my stance yet...but it's a start. Man do we need some leadership and communication of said leadership.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home