Saturday, July 29, 2006

What else do we not know?

A couple of days ago, we discussed butterfly stickers on the rear windshields of hip young people...I didn't know what it meant. It appears no one in our community here knows either. I asked a couple of hip young guys at work...who apparently aren't as hip as they are young...but they'll get back to me.

A couple of months ago "All American Rejects" came to Tampa and I saw a full page, front page spread in the entertainment section of our paper, and had no idea who this group was, what they sang, or even what genre of music they played (although the picture had them looking like N-Synch without a shower for two days in grungy clothes). Right then I knew it...I was out of touch with my teens.

You see, I'll be 40 this year, but got saved "late in life", post college, as an adult...so I thought I'd seen enough and done enough to stay plugged in to know what was going on with my teens. It was the one upside of living such a long "lost" life. But it appears God had the last laugh, 'cause it wasn't quite long enough to really know. So...

What else do I (we) not know? I'm assuming that my readership is middle aged - no offense - I just don't know any of you...but take it as a compliment because all of you sound very mature. Other than the butterfly...what else do you see in our culture that you'd like to know what it is?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home