Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So Many Books, So Little Time

The blogging community will do this from time to time: They'll play a game of "tag" by answering some questions from a blog prompt and then "tagging" others they'd like to see answer the same question. Happened to me, and this is one of the good ones...largely because I love to read. And, for the sake of interest, I'll avoid using "the Bible" as any of my answers even though it'd be true.

1. One book that changed your life: The Millionaire Next Door. I'm a natural spender (you know you're either a saver or a spender), and I was a spender until reading this book...it got me thinking about the future and responsibilities and debt and saving.

2. One book that you've read more than once: The Screwtape Letters. I read it about every five years...it's interesting how much my spriritual walk changes every 5 years and how differently the book convicts/speaks to me each time I read it.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Some sort of "how to survival guide"...watching these guys get dropped into the rockies with nothing but a video camera on Discovery Channel, it's amazing how much I don't know about boiling water and staying warm and hunting without guns and...

4. One book that made you laugh: Had to really think about this one...but we got this children's book from the elementary school library in Woodbine, GA when Chelsea was in 1st grade...it was written in the 50's and it was about a typical home...the only thing was the child interacted with "cook" on one page, and "maid" on the other page, and "milk man" on another page, and "paper boy" on the other page, and "gardner" on the other page...and Dad went off to work, and Mom stayed home...but we really laughed about what in the world does mom do when she has "cook" and "maid" and "grocery delivery guy", etc.? We laughed hard at that one.

5. One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]: I don't usually stick with it if I get sad...now there have been sad parts to cool books like "Band of Brothers" and other historical biographies, but they don't make me cry.

6. One book that you wish had been written: A children's book about a fish...by Brent McKinney.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: Wow that's tough...I'm not sure I can think of one...the bad ones all point to a need for a Savior.

8. One book you're currently reading: The Screwtape Letters

9. One book you've been meaning to read: Something by Francis Shaefer...I have a couple on the shelf and am trying to get the focus up to reading them...

10. Now tag five people: The first five people to read this blog who haven't already been tagged...log into the comments section and say I'm it...Somehow I doubt I have that many readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home